Title: Rock of Ages
Comments: St. Olaf Lutheran Rock Church was built in 1886 from native stone by architect Andrew Mickelson and his brothers, Christian and Ole Mickelson. It originally had a dirt floor and planks laid on wooden kegs for pews. The bell was acquired in 1897.
The church served the Norwegian settlers of this area, who were members of Our Savior's Lutheran Church of Norse (6 miles east). In 1902, the growth of the community necessitated separation from the Norse church, and the St. Olaf congregation was organized.
The church is currently used for Saturday services, and special occasions.
Location: Cranfills Gap
ChurchRock ChurchCranfills GapSt. Olaf Lutheran Rock Churchstonewhen texas prays